MCS BOE Provides Free Meals to Children During the Summer

The Marshall County Board of Education announces its sponsorship of the federally funded Summer Food Service Program. A nutritious meal is important for children to learn, play and remain active during the summer months. Remember, Hunger Doesn’t Take a Summer Vacation.

Breakfast and lunch are open to all children, ages 18 years and under, who would like to participate.  Meals will be served at the following sites:

John Marshall High	June 1-June 23 	M-F	9:00 - 9:30	11:00 - 12:30
 Grand Adventures Leadership Camp                                                    Grand Vue Park Pool	June 19 - Aug 4	M-F	7:30 - 9:30	12:00 – 1:00
Gateway Achievement Center	June 21 -July 21	T-W-Th	8:00 - 8:30	11:00 - 12:15

For more information about the Summer Food Service Program, please call Debbie Derico, Child Nutrition Director at 304-843-4448.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) MAIL: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) FAX: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) EMAIL:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.